White Chaunsa Mango Export Quality
White Chaunsa mango export quality is a large size Pakistani mango has a sweet taste but firmer pulp than the seasonal chaunsa and has a long shelf life are heavily exported and are usually available at the beginning of August.
Export Vs Standard Quality Mangoes
- Export Quality mangoes are handpicked one by one by clipping the stem 2 to 3 inches then turned upside-down so the Sap (acid) does not touch the skin and are kept separately in special containers for de-sapping.
- During de-sapping, they are sorted/graded for size and checked for bruises and insect bites. Only the very best make it into this category.
- Export Quality mangoes are sorted/graded and washed, specialized machines are required to maintain the temperature at 49 Deg, this process is called hot water treatment (HWT).
- During HWT mangoes that have any disease or insect bite burn off and then thrown away, which were missed during manual sorting.
- Export Quality mangoes naturally ripen after they are exposed to "ethylene" for 6 hours to 2 days in international standard ethylene chambers or with ethylene sachets.
- Ethylene is a chemical naturally present in almost all fruits and vegetables and is the reason why fruits and vegetables ripen. It is a natural process and is not harmful and is a global standard for healthy ripening practices.
- Standard Quality mangoes are forced off from the trees by a stick and gathered as they fall to the ground, this is why they are bruised from the bottom, and while they ripen the bruised part becomes rotten.
- There is no sorting/grading and washing involved. These are packed in wooden petis with a packet of calcium carbide and sent directly to the wholesale market (mandi).
- Calcium Carbide is a harmful substance and a by-product produced by metal-wielding ash. It is known to cause cancer and other diseases.
Nutrition Information (Mango)
- Vitamin C plays an important role in immune function and skin health.
- Folate is vital for a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin A helps maintain healthy skin and eye health.
- Vitamin B6, which plays a critical role in metabolism, supports immune function, and brain health.
- Copper is essential for the development of collagen.