Langra Mango Pakistan (Export Quality)
Langra mango Pakistan is one of the most experienced varieties of Mango from South Punjab. Its name in Urdu means “lame” in English. Langra mango signifies a carefree lifestyle, thus the phrase “Life-with-Langra and Life-without-Langra”.
Available from May to July, Langra mango is greenish and its size varies from medium to large. Its fat oval shape is iconic, fiber-less flesh, dark yellow and has a sweet aroma. Westerners usually like this fruit because its less sweet and suits their taste palette.
Skillfully cultivated by Mango Nation, immense care is taken not to damage or bruise the mango. Pakistan is a major exporter of mangoes all over the world, so we have to maintain maximum form and freshness of the fruit.
Export Vs Standard Quality Mangoes
- Export Quality mangoes are handpicked one by one by clipping the stem 2 to 3 inches then turned upside-down so the Sap (acid) does not touch the skin and are kept separately in special containers for de-sapping.
- During de-sapping, they are sorted/graded for size and checked for bruises and insect bites. Only the very best make it into this category.
- Export Quality mangoes are sorted/graded and washed, specialized machines are required to maintain the temperature at 49 Deg, this process is called hot water treatment (HWT).
- During HWT mangoes that have any disease or insect bite burn off and then thrown away, which were missed during manual sorting.
- Export Quality mangoes naturally ripen after they are exposed to "ethylene" for 6 hours to 2 days in international standard ethylene chambers or with ethylene sachets.
- Ethylene is a chemical naturally present in almost all fruits and vegetables and is the reason why fruits and vegetables ripen. It is a natural process and is not harmful and is a global standard for healthy ripening practices.
- Standard Quality mangoes are forced off from the trees by a stick and gathered as they fall to the ground, this is why they are bruised from the bottom, and while they ripen the bruised part becomes rotten.
- There is no sorting/grading and washing involved. These are packed in wooden petis with a packet of calcium carbide and sent directly to the wholesale market (mandi).
- Calcium Carbide is a harmful substance and a by-product produced by metal-wielding ash. It is known to cause cancer and other diseases.
Nutrition Information (Mango)
- Vitamin C plays an important role in immune function and skin health.
- Folate is vital for a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin A helps maintain healthy skin and eye health.
- Vitamin B6, which plays a critical role in metabolism, supports immune function, and brain health.
- Copper is essential for the development of collagen.